- 100 g Watercress
- 1 Onions, fried
- 4 strand Parsley
- 1 tablespoon vegetable stock powder
- 2 tablespoon Wheat flour (patent)
- 60 g Whole-wheat bread
- 2 tablespoon Crème fraîche half fat
- 10 g Butter
- 7.5 mL Olive oil
- 2 pinch Salt
- 2 pinch Pepper
- Peel and thinly slice the onion.
- Wash, sort and rinse several times the watercress leaves.
- Drain well.
- Heat the butter in a large saucepan and add the onion.
- Sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add the watercress and stir-fry everything for 3 minutes.
- Dilute the broth in 750 ml of lukewarm water.
- Over very low heat, gradually add the flour to the watercress, followed by the broth.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Simmer for 15 minutes
- In the meantime, cut the bread into cubes and brown in olive oil in a sauté pan.
- Blend the soup at the end of cooking time.
- Remove from heat and add the cream while stirring gently.
- Adjust seasoning.
- Serve the watercress soup with whole-wheat bread croutons.
- Do not add more salt when you eat, the salt used to cook is usually enough!