- 0.5 Shortcrust pastry
- 125 mL (½ cup) Broccoli
- 0.5 Carrots
- 0.5 Zucchini
- 0.5 Onions
- 10 mL (2 teaspoon) raisins
- 2 Eggs
- 30 mL (2 tablespoon) Olive oil
- 1 pinch Salt
- 1 pinch Pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350 °F.
- In a saucepan, plunge an egg in boiling water, cook for 10 minutes, remove the egg and peel it.
- Peel the carrot, the onion, and the zucchini half and chop them finely.
- Heat a little oil in a frying pan and sauté all the vegetables.
- Cook for 5 minutes while stirring.
- Add the raisins.
- Crush the hard-boiled egg and add to the vegetables. Stir well.
- Cut 4 rounds in the paste using a glass or a pastry cutter.
- Place a cup of mixture in the centre of the 4 rounds, fold them in two and use a fork to press the edges together.
- Beat an egg yolk with a little water and brush it on the empanadillas.
- Place the empanadillas on a baking tray and put in the oven for 25 to 30 minutes until golden.
- In the meantime, steam the broccoli for 5 minutes. It should remain crunchy.
- Serve the vegetarian empanadillas along with crunchy broccoli.
- Use herbs and spices rather than adding to much salt for seasoning.