- 50 g Zucchini
- 50 g Carrots
- 60 mL (¼ cup) flat beans
- 50 g Red peppers
- 40 g Canned chickpeas
- 60 mL (4 tablespoon) raisins
- 2 Onions
- 1 garlic clove
- 80 mL (⅓ cup) Bulgur wheat
- 5 lemon zest
- 15 mL (3 teaspoon) Ginger
- 10 mL (2 teaspoon) Curry powder
- 45 mL (3 tablespoon) toasted sesame seeds
- 250 mL (1 cup) Vegetable broth
- 20 g Apricot(s), pitted, dried
- 30 mL (2 tablespoon) Olive oil
- 1 pinch Salt
- 1 pinch Pepper
- Peel and clean all the vegetables and cut them into big pieces.
- Soften the raisins in a bowl of warm water.
- Finely chop the onion and the garlic, soften them in skillet with some oil and add the carrots and 250 ml of bouillon.
- Once the liquid has evaporated, add all the other vegetables, the dried fruits, the spices, the lemon zest, add salt and pepper.
- Pour in 100 ml of water.
- Cover up and let it cook over low heat for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the bulgur swell in 100 ml of boiling salted water: the bulgur is ready when it has absorbed all water.
- Serve the vegetable tagine with the drained bulgur and sprinkled with grilled sesame seeds.
- You are no longer hungry? Don’t force yourself to finish your meal; make a habit of serving yourself less.