- 240 g whole-wheat farfalle
- 400 g tuna canned in brine
- 1 Batavia lettuce
- 25 g Butter
- 80 mL (⅓ cup) semi-whole-wheat flour
- 400 mL (1 ⅔ cup) Milk, 2%
- 125 mL (½ cup) grated cheddar cheese
- 15 mL (3 teaspoon) Sherry vinegar
- 45 mL (3 tablespoon) Olive oil
- 4 pinch Salt
- 4 pinch Pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400 °F.
- Cook the pasta according to the instructions on the package.
- In the meantime, melt the butter; add the flour and mix to obtain a smooth paste.
- Add the milk and stir for 5 minutes until the mixture thickens.
- Add salt, pepper and 80 ml of grated cheddar.
- Incorporate the pasta and mix.
- Spread the shredded tuna on the bottom of an ovenproof dish.
- Spread over the pasta and sprinkle with the remaining grated cheddar.
- Bake in the oven for 25 minutes.
- In the meantime, wash the lettuce and season with olive oil, cherry vinegar, salt and pepper.
- Serve the tuna gratin along with green salad.
- Yogurt can help you reach your daily calcium intake.