- 1 Eggplant
- 1 Tomatoes
- 0.5 Red peppers
- 40 g Celery
- 1 Onions
- 60 mL (4 tablespoon) Wholegrain rice
- 5 mL (1 teaspoon) Paprika
- 5 mL (1 teaspoon) Tabasco
- 1 teaspoon Tomato concentrate
- 1 garlic clove
- 75 mL (5 tablespoon) Olive oil
- 1 pinch Salt
- 1 pinch Pepper
- Remove the stem and steam the whole eggplant.
- Press in order to retrieve the flesh and keep the whole skin.
- Peel, slice and stir-fry the onion in a frying pan with olive oil.
- Remove the stem and seeds and cut the pepper into thin strips. Wash and cut the tomato and celery stalk into pieces. Add them in the frying pan. Add salt and pepper and press the garlic.
- Mix with the eggplant flesh, paprika and Tabasco. Stuff the eggplant.
- Deglaze the frying pan with the tomato paste diluted in a little warm water and 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- Put in the eggplant, cover, and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Cook the rice in a large volume of salted boiling water according to the package instructions. Drain it, and drizzle with a drop of olive oil.
- Serve the stuffed eggplant along with the wholegrain rice.
- Try to avoid adding salt during your meals.