- 2 Green peppers
- 1 Yellow peppers
- 1 Red peppers
- 60 g whole-wheat pennes
- 1 Green chilli
- 1 red onion
- 1 teaspoon Marjoram
- 45 mL Olive oil
- 22.5 mL Wine vinegar
- 2 pinch Salt
- 2 pinch Pepper
- Boil a pot of salted water. When boiling, put in the penne and cook them until they are al dente. (Check the cooking time on the package).
- Peel the onion and chop them finely. Peel the garlic and chop it.
- In a big frying-pan, heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil over medium heat. Add the onion and the garlic and fry them for 4-5 minutes.
- Wash the pepper and the chilli, remove the seeds. Cut the pepper into strips and the chilli into slices. Add everything into the frying pan and cook it for 10-12 minutes while stirring from time to time. When the peppers are soft, pour everything in a salad bowl and let it cool.
- In a small salad bowl, mix 1 ½ tablespoon of red wine vinegar, the chopped fresh oregano and some olive oil. Add salt and pepper.
- Pour on the peppers, mix.
- Serve the piperade with the pasta.
- Did you know? Health Canada's Food guide recommends to eat two to four servings of dairy products daily, depending on the age.