- 120 g Soba noodles
- 600 mL Dashi
- 160 g Red cabbage
- 1 chive
- 1 Lemon
- 30 mL Soy sauce
- 30 mL Mirin sauce
- 1 teaspoon Mixed spices
- 2 teaspoon Sugar
- 5 mL Sesame oil
- 1 pinch Salt
- 1 pinch Pepper
- In a saucepan, bring the dashi, soy sauce, mirin and sugar to a boil. Remove from heat.
- In another saucepan of salted boiling water, cook the soba noodles.
- Drain and rinse under cold water, carefully untangling them.
- Place the red cabbage in a large bowl and toss with 1 teaspoon of sesame oil.
- Add salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Wash and finely slice the spring onion.
- Wash and dry the lemon, scrape the zest from its half and finely chop it.
- Return the broth over the heat and stir in the noodles to warm them.
- Taste the soup and add a little water or soy sauce if necessary.
- Pour into a bowl and sprinkle with the spring onion and the lemon zest.
- Serve the toshikoshi soba along with the red cabbage salad.
- To add calcium to your meal, consider a dairy product for dessert.