- 1 Duck magret
- 250 g Green peas
- 0.5 Lemon
- 1 pinch Ground ginger
- 0.5 teaspoon Mustard
- 15 mL Olive oil
- 2 pinch Salt
- 2 pinch Pepper
- 50 g redcurrant jelly
- 1 orange
- 50 mL wine porto
- Melt the jelly with port, mustard and ginger in a saucepan. Add the zest and juice of 2 lemons and 2 oranges. Season with salt and pepper. Bring to a boil and stir until the sauce is thickened.
- Heat a little salt in a frying pan. Place the duck breast skin side down, sprinkle with pepper and cook for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Discard the fat, turn the duck breast over, add pepper and cook for 5 to 10 more minutes.
- Cook the peas in a saucepan of salted boiling water. Drain. Drizzle with a little olive oil, sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Cut the meat into thin slices, arrange on plates and pour the sauce over.
- Serve the duck breast in Cumberland sauce along with the peas.
- A meal combining varied foods is the first step towards balance!