- 2 Carrots
- 2 potato
- 2 strand Parsley
- 1 Vegetable bouillon, cubes
- 5 mL (1 teaspoon) Sugar
- 1 tablespoon White wine
- 30 mL (2 tablespoon) Olive oil
- 1 pinch Salt
- 1 pinch Pepper
- Peel and rinse the potatoes; cut in quarters.
- Toss in a saucepan of cold salted water and bring to a boil.
- Cook over medium heat for 15 minutes.
- Wash the carrots and remove the tops keeping a little of the green stalk.
- Cut in two lengthways.
- Brown for 3 minutes in a frying pan with 1/2 tablespoon of olive oil.
- Add salt, pepper, and sprinkle with sugar.
- Dilute the bouillon cube in 250 ml of lukewarm water and add to the frying pan.
- Add the wine, mix, cover and cook for 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle with chopped parsley.
- Drain and crush the potatoes with a fork.
- Drizzle with 1/2 tablespoon of olive oil.
- Serve the sautéed carrots along with mashed potatoes.
- Eat slowly. Signals of satiety are only received after 15 to 20 minutes.