- 0.25 Puff pastry
- 50 g Salmon, smoked
- 1 Eggs
- 30 g White rice
- 1 Beet
- 1 teaspoon Chives
- 1 teaspoon Dill
- 15 g White cheese
- 15 mL Olive oil
- 5 mL Wine vinegar
- 1 pinch Salt
- 1 pinch Pepper
- 1 Egg yolk
- Cook the rice in a saucepan of salted boiling water for 12 minutes.
- In the meantime, cook 1 egg for 8 minutes in boiling water and let it cool.
- Wash and slice the chives, dill and salmon very thinly.
- Shell and mush the egg.
- Mix the rice, salmon, egg, chives and dill and stir in the cottage cheese.
- Pepper and stir again.
- Preheat the oven to 410 °F.
- Roll out the pastry until it becomes approximately 3 mm thick and cut out two squares of 12 cm.
- Put in a filling layer of 2 cm and close.
- Pinch the pastry on the sides in order to prevent the opening of the puff during cooking.
- Brush them with the remaining egg yolk and bake for 15-18 minutes until they begin to be golden.
- Cut the cooked beetroot into fine slices and season with olive oil and wine vinegar.
- Serve the salmon puff (lohipiirakka) along with the red beetroot salad.
- Fish at least twice a week is a very healthy choice!