- 50 g Red lentils
- 30 g basmati rice
- 100 g tomatoes, peeled
- 1 Shallots
- 15 mL Lemon juice
- 15 mL Coconut milk
- 0.5 teaspoon Curry powder
- 1 pinch Salt
- 1 pinch Pepper
- Peel and chop the shallot.
- Rinse and drain red lentils.
- In a saucepan, cover lentils, tomatoes, curry and shallots with water.
- Bring to a boil and simmer until the water is absorbed.
- Cook the rice in salted boiling water.
- Drain and keep warm.
- Pour this soup in a blender, add the coconut milk and a lug of lemon juice.
- Add salt and pepper, mix well and simmer for 5 more minutes.
- Serve the red lentils dhal along with basmati rice.
- Fruits and vegetables contain vitamins and fibre and they bring colour to your plate !