- 1 Rabbit
- 330 mL Beer
- 1 Onions
- 40 g Celery
- 400 g Carrots
- 1 tablespoon Brown sugar
- 30 g Butter
- 30 mL Olive oil
- 2 pinch Salt
- 2 pinch Pepper
- Peel the potatoes, cut them in 2, and steam for 15 minutes.
- Peel the carrots and the onion. Grate the celeriac. Cut in rounds.
- Melt the butter with the oil in a casserole over high heat.
- Add the sliced onion and celery and the rabbit pieces. Season with salt, pepper, and fry on each side until golden brown, turning regularly the pieces.
- Add the sugar and cook for another 3 minutes.
- Add the beer and carrots. Lower the heat, cover, and let simmer for 35 minutes.
- Serve the stewed rabbit with beer in the casserole accompanied by steamed potatoes.
- You can add a little water during the cooking if there is no more enough liquid in the casserole.