- 1 Eggplant
- 1 Red peppers
- 1 Zucchini
- 3 Tomatoes
- 1 Onions
- 80 mL (⅓ cup) Wholegrain rice
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 knob Butter
- 75 mL (5 tablespoon) Olive oil
- 2 strand Thyme
- 4 g Bay leaf
- 2 pinch Salt
- 2 pinch Pepper
- Wash the eggplant and zucchini and cut them into small cubes.
- Remove the seeds of the pepper and cut it into thin slices.
- Poach and peel the tomatoes and cut them into cubes.
- Finely chop the onion. Crush the garlic.
- Heat the oil in a large sauté pan, put in all the vegetables, add thyme, bay leaf, salt, pepper, and cook over medium heat for 35 minutes, turning occasionally.
- In the meantime, throw the wholegrain rice into boiling water and cook for 30 minutes over medium heat after boiling has resumed. Drain immediately and add a knob of butter.
- Serve the provençal ratatouille along with the wholegrain rice.
- Use herbs and spices rather than adding to much salt for seasoning.