- 200 g potato
- 150 g Batavia lettuce
- 1 Eggs
- 15 mL Olive oil
- 15 mL Canola oil
- 5 mL White wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Mustard wholegrain
- 1 pinch Salt
- 1 pinch Pepper
- Peel and wash the potatoes, dry and grate them.
- Wrap them with a cloth, press them several times to remove water and let stand for 10 minutes.
- Remove the juice again.
- Add the egg and mix thoroughly. Add salt and pepper.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan.
- Add 2 tablespoons of the mixture, giving the form of a pancake.
- Brown on each side and repeat the process until the dough is completely used.
- Keep it in a warm place.
- Wash and drain the iceberg lettuce.
- Prepare the vinaigrette in a salad bowl and put in the iceberg lettuce leaves.
- Serve the kartoffelpuffer (potato pancake) along with the iceberg lettuce salad.
- When cooking, favour and alternate vegetable oils such as olive oil and canola oil.