- 120 g Macaroni
- 60 g Canned red kidney beans
- 80 g mesclun
- 1 Shallots
- 1 tablespoon Tomato concentrate
- 2 teaspoon Parsley
- 500 mL Chicken broth
- 15 mL Olive oil
- 5 mL balsamic vinegar
- 1 pinch Salt
- 1 pinch Pepper
- Peel and chop the shallot.
- Rinse and dry the mixed greens.
- Drain the beans.
- Rinse and chop the parsley.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a casserole over high heat.
- While stirring, fry the shallot and the parsley until the shallot is brown.
- Add the tomato concentrate and continue cooking; add the bouillon and the beans.
- Bring to a boil, lower the heat and simmer for 30 minutes.
- In the meantime, mix in a salad bowl the mixed greens with 1 tablespoon of olive oil and 1 teaspoon of balsamic vinegar.
- Add salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Add the pasta to the soup and cook for another 10 minutes. Add salt and pepper.
- Pour the soup in a bowl or a deep plate and drizzle with a little olive oil.
- Serve the pasta and bean soup (pasta e fagioli) along with the mixed green salad.
- No food is forbidden! By itself, no food is good or bad, it is all a question of variety and balance.