- 2 potato
- 1 Eggs
- 80 g mesclun
- 1 Shallots
- 1 tablespoon Whole-wheat flour
- 5 mL balsamic vinegar
- 1 pinch Salt
- 1 pinch Pepper
- 30 mL Olive oil
- Wash and dry the mixed green salad.
- Prepare the vinaigrette in a salad bowl and add the mixed greens.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Peel and chop the shallot.
- In a bowl, beat the egg seasoned with salt and pepper.
- Peel and grate the potatoes to obtain 1 cup of small shreds.
- Rinse the potato shreds and let them dry well on a paper towel.
- Put the grated potatoes in a salad bowl and mix with the shallot, the flour, and the beaten egg.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a frying pan over medium heat.
- When the oil sizzles pour in the potato mixture to form a thick pancake.
- Cook for 5 minutes until golden brown, flip and cook on the other side for another 5 minutes.
- Remove from the pan and dry on a paper towel.
- Serve the hash brown accompanied by the mixed green salad.
- When you go shopping, read product labels to be aware of what you buy.