- 1 Eggplant
- 1 Tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon Parsley
- 1 teaspoon Fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon capers
- 0.5 Lemon
- 0.5 teaspoon Mustard
- 30 g Whole-wheat bread
- 15 mL Olive oil
- 1 pinch Salt
- 1 pinch Pepper
- 0.5 garlic clove
- Preheat the grill to 425 °F.
- Rinse the vegetables and herbs.
- Gash half the eggplant and tomato.
- Chop the parsley and basil.
- Rinse and drain the capers.
- Peel the garlic and after discarding the green sprout, chop it.
- Place the eggplant, tomato and bread on a baking dish.
- Prepare the salsa: in a blender, finely mix the parsley, basil, garlic, mustard and capers.
- Add 1 tablespoon of olive oil and the juice of a half lemon then mix until forming a smooth paste.
- Spread this paste over the eggplant and tomato.
- Roast under the grill for 5 minutes until the eggplant is tender.
- Turn the bread over to toast the other side.
- Serve the grilled eggplant topped with basil green salsa along with the toast.
- Two types of oil you should always have in your kitchen: olive oil and canola oil.