- 200 g Beef steak, braised
- 4 Carrots, boiled
- 1 Onions, fried
- 1 garlic clove
- 150 mL Beer
- 150 mL Water
- 1 tablespoon Wheat flour (patent)
- 0.5 teaspoon Brown sugar
- 3 strand Parsley
- 1 bouquet garni
- 30 mL Olive oil
- 2 pinch Salt
- 2 pinch Pepper
- 4 Charlotte potatoes
- Peel the onions and cut into rounds.
- Peel and rinse the carrots and steam for 10 minutes.
- Flour the meat and fry in hot oil in the pressure cooker until all sides are coloured.
- Add the onions and fry while turning, then add the beer and the water. Keep stirring while adding the brown sugar and the bouquet garni. Add salt, pepper and close the pressure cooker. Cook over high heat until the first whistle and lower the heat to medium. Continue cooking for 40 minutes.
- Remove from heat, release the steam, open the cooker and hang in the aluminium basket containing the potatoes. Close the cooker and cook for 10 more minutes after the whistle. To serve, sprinkle the Flemish carbonnade with chopped parsley.
- Drink plenty of water during the day: about 8 glasses (2L). You can also choose milk or 100% pure juice (with moderation).