- 200 g haddock fillet
- 200 g potato
- 400 g Frozen green peas
- 250 mL (1 cup) sourdough flour
- 1.85 L (7 ¼ cup) Beer
- 10 mL (2 teaspoon) Wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Mustard
- 500 mL (2 cup) cooking oil
- 1 pinch Salt
- 1 pinch Pepper
- 75 mL (5 tablespoon) Olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 300 °F.
- Wash the lettuce, pluck off the leaves and dry.
- In a salad bowl, mix 1 tablespoon of olive oil, 1 teaspoon of vinegar and 1 teaspoon of mustard. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the lettuce leaves and mix well. Set aside.
- Peel the potatoes and cut into chips.
- Wash well and wipe in a towel.
- Fry the chips for 10 minutes in the deep fryer.
- Drain and set aside on a paper towel.
- On a plate, season the fish with salt and pepper and flour it lightly.
- In a salad bowl, mix the flour with the beer and a pinch of salt to obtain a batter.
- Soak the 2 fish fillets in the batter and fry for 8 to 10 minutes until golden.
- Drain on a paper towel and keep in a warm place.
- Return the chips for 2-3 minutes in the frying oil. Drain.
- Blend the peas coarsely with the cream and butter. Add salt and pepper.
- Serve the fish and chips hot along with mashed peas.
- Avoid including several fat foods in the same meal.