- 200 g Duck magret
- 120 g Watercress
- 1 orange
- 1 red onion
- 2 teaspoon Chives
- 15 mL Olive oil
- 5 mL balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Sugar
- 1 pinch Salt
- 1 pinch Pepper
- Wash and dry the watercress.
- Peel and cut the orange into pieces.
- Mix everything in a salad bowl.
- Drizzle with olive oil. Add salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Peel and chop the onion.
- Rinse and chop the chives.
- Fry the duck breast on the skin side for about 6 minutes in a thick-bottomed frying pan.
- Turn on the other side and fry for another 6 minutes.
- Remove the breast from the pan with a skimmer and keep in a warm place.
- Remove the fat from the pan, put the onion in and simmer in 1 or 2 tablespoons water until soften.
- Add sugar, salt and pepper.
- Simmer over medium heat while stirring often until caramelised.
- Add the vinegar and put the duck breasts in the pan.
- Heat for about 4 minutes; turn the breasts over two times.
- Sprinkle with chives.
- Serve the duck breasts with red onions along with the orange and watercress salad.
- Wash carefully all fruits and vegetables and try to use the skin if possible. It contains fibres.