- 100 g Duck magret
- 2 Carrots
- 2 Shallots
- 0.5 orange
- 15 mL balsamic vinegar
- 15 mL liquid honey
- 15 mL Olive oil
- 40 mL orange juice
- 1 pinch Salt
- 1 pinch Pepper
- Snip the fat side of the breast in a crisscross pattern
- Cook on the fat side in a dry and hot frying pan.
- After 5 minutes, remove 1 tablespoon of the released fat and continue cooking.
- Peel and chop the shallots.
- Add to the pan and cook for 5 minutes.
- Flip the breast and cook for another 6 minutes.
- Remove from heat and set aside in a warm place.
- In the meantime, peel the carrots.
- Grate and season with 1 tablespoon of olive oil and the juice of half an orange.
- Add salt, pepper and mix.
- Put the vinegar and the honey in the frying pan.
- Deglaze by grating the pan bottom with a wooden spoon.
- Top the duck breast with this mixture and set aside in a warm place.
- Serve the duck breast with honey warm along with the carrot and orange salad.
- Tasty food is not necessarily fat food! Use herbs and seasonings to spice up your meals.