- 1 Eggplant
- 50 g Romaine lettuce
- 40 g marinated feta cheese
- 5 leaf Fresh basil
- 15 mL Olive oil
- 1 pinch Salt
- 1 pinch Pepper
- Rinse and pat dry the eggplant and cut in thin rounds.
- Wash and chop the basil.
- Rinse and dry the romaine leaves.
- Coat the eggplant rounds in olive oil.
- Brown in a frying pan over medium heat for 2-3 minutes on each side; they should be crunchy.
- Place romaine leaves on a plate and top with the eggplant slices and the shredded feta with its oil.
- Sprinkle with basil, salt and pepper.
- Serve the crunchy eggplant salad on a bed of romaine lettuce.
- Red meat or white meat? Alternate and vary the two over the week – chicken, turkey, beef, pork...