- 160 g Ground lamb
- 125 mL (½ cup) couscous seeds
- 1 Eggs
- 80 g Zucchini
- 80 g Carrots
- 1 Tomatoes
- 1 Onions
- 40 g Canned chickpeas
- 20 mL (4 teaspoon) ras el hanout
- 1 mint leaf
- 1 strand coriander
- 0.5 Vegetable bouillon, cubes
- 30 mL (2 tablespoon) Olive oil
- 2 pinch Salt
- 2 pinch Pepper
- Mix the meat with the egg, the chopped mint and coriander, salt, and pepper and form regular sized balls.
- Thinly slice the onion and fry gently together with the ras el hanout in a stew pot, in a little oil.
- Add the meatballs, fry for 5 minutes until golden and remove from pot.
- Add the chickpeas to the stew pot and stir over heat.
- Pour in 500 ml of water and add the bouillon cube.
- Cut the peeled carrots, the zucchinis and the tomato in quarters and add to the bouillon.
- Cover and cook over medium heat for 30 minutes
- Add the meatballs 5 minutes before the end of cooking time.
- In the meantime, leave the couscous to swell in an equal volume of warm water mixed with the bouillon from the stew pot.
- Serve the couscous with meatballs warm, along with a separate bowl of harissa for everybody to add to the bouillon.
- What should you drink with your meal? Water is a smart choice. Don't hesitate to add fruits and fresh herbs to perfume it!