- 200 g Chicken leg
- 140 g Tomato pulp
- 125 mL (½ cup) couscous seeds
- 1 Onions
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 Poultry broth cube
- 0.5 Saffron
- 5 mL (1 teaspoon) Ground ginger
- 2 pinch nutmeg
- 30 mL (2 tablespoon) Honey
- 45 mL (3 tablespoon) toasted sesame seeds
- 1.5 pinch coriander
- 1 cinnamon sticks
- 30 mL (2 tablespoon) Olive oil
- 2 pinch Salt
- 2 pinch Pepper
- Brown the chicken pieces in a casserole with a little oil, onion and crushed garlic. Add salt and pepper.
- Prepare a half glass of broth with the bouillon cube, then pour in the casserole and stir in the saffron and ginger.
- Cover and cook for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, pour the tomatoes in a frying pan with honey, cinnamon, nutmeg and cook for 15 minutes over low heat.
- Add the tomatoes into the casserole, cover and cook for 5 more minutes.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Pour 100 ml of boiling water over the couscous and soak for 5 minutes.
- Add a few drops of oil and mix with a fork to separate the grains.
- Serve the chicken and tomato tagine sprinkled with coriander and garnished with the couscous grains.
- Consider taking up a physical activity that you enjoy: you will be more willing to stick to it.