- 100 g Shortcrust pastry
- 50 g Baby spinach
- 0.5 white onion
- 1 Eggs
- 2 tablespoon Fresh cheese
- 15 mL Olive oil
- 5 mL Lemon juice
- 1 pinch Salt
- 1 pinch Pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350 °F.
- Chop the onion very finely and mix in the cheese.
- Cut out 4 circles from the pastry using a glace or a pastry cutter.
- Divide the cheese-onion mixture between the circles, place the filling in the centre, fold over and seal by squeezing the edges with fork tines.
- Beat an egg yolk with a little water, spread on the empanadillas with a pastry brush, add a sprinkle of salt.
- Place the empanadillas on a baking tray and bake them for 25-30 minutes until golden brown.
- Serve cheese empanadillas accompanied by baby spinach salad seasoned with olive oil and lemon juice.
- When you go shopping, read product labels to be aware of what you buy.