- 200 g Broad beans
- 2 Sweet Gem lettuce
- 80 g Black pudding
- 2 Green onions
- 50 g Chorizo
- 150 mL (⅔ cup) White wine
- 25 g Fresh mint
- 1 cider vinegar
- 50 g Bacon strips
- 30 mL (2 tablespoon) Olive oil
- 1 pinch Salt
- 1 pinch Pepper
- Peel the onions and cut them in 2.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a casserole, put in the onions and diced bacon and stir-fry them for 3 minutes.
- Add the beans, black pudding and chorizo slices peeled and cut in 2. Stir on the heat for 5 minutes.
- Pour in the wine, add salt and pepper, cover and cook on low heat for 20 min.
- Keep an eye on it and add a little water or broth if necessary. Stir in the chopped mint 3 minutes before the end of cooking time.
- In the meantime prepare the vinaigrette with the olive oil and apple cider vinegar and season the Sweet Gem hearts cut into quarters.
- Serve the Catalan-style beans along with the Sweet Gem hearts salad.
- Be sure to drink water regularly over the entire day for proper hydration.