- 1 Cabbage
- 2 Tomatoes
- 3 Carrots
- 60 g Whole-wheat bread
- 2 Onions
- 1 branch Celery
- 2 strand Parsley
- 5 mL (1 teaspoon) Yellow curry powder
- 1 garlic clove
- 30 mL (2 tablespoon) Olive oil
- 1 pinch Salt
- 1 pinch Pepper
- Cut and blanch the cabbage in a large saucepan of boiling water.
- Peel and dice the carrots; peel and finely chop the onions. Peel and dice the tomatoes. Rinse and chop the celery stick. Peel the garlic. Wash the parsley.
- Put all the vegetables in a large saucepan and cover with 500 ml of water. Add salt, pepper and sprinkle with curry.
- Bring to a boil, cover and cook for 15 minutes.
- In the meantime, brown the whole-wheat bread on both sides and drizzle with a little olive oil.
- Serve the cabbage soup along with grilled whole-wheat bread.
- Legumes and cereals: the winning duo providing complementary vegetable proteins.