- 100 g broccoli heads
- 60 g Wholegrain rice
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 1 pinch chilli flakes
- 60 mL dry white wine
- 15 mL Olive oil
- 1 pinch Salt
- 1 pinch Pepper
- In a large volume of salted boiling water, cook the wholegrain rice according to the package instructions.
- Rinse the broccoli.
- Separate the florets and cut them into 2 lengthwise.
- Peel and chop the garlic.
- Heat the olive oil in a frying pan over medium heat and sauté the garlic for 2 minutes.
- Add the broccoli and fry for 8 to 10 minutes, stirring frequently and gradually pouring the wine to prevent the garlic from browning.
- Add the red pepper and zest. Season with salt, pepper and toss well.
- Drain the rice.
- Serve the broccoli sautéed in white wine immediately, garnished with the wholegrain rice.
- Use herbs and spices rather than salt for seasoning.