- 25 g matchstick bacon strips
- 100 g Green peas
- 100 g Broad beans
- 10 g Butter
- 1 tablespoon Crème fraîche half fat
- 1 tablespoon Mustard wholegrain
- 1 pinch Thyme
- 15 mL Olive oil
- 1 pinch Salt
- 1 pinch Pepper
- 1 rabbit leg
- Heat a little olive oil in a sauté pan, brown the rabbit thigh cut in two and the matchstick bacon strips together with the thyme; season with salt and pepper.
- Mix the mustard and the softened butter and coat the rabbit with this mixture.
- Cover the sauté pan and cook for 15 minutes.
- Add the cream, 1 tablespoon of water, cover and cook for another 20 minutes.
- Add a little water if it sticks to the pan.
- While the rabbit is being cooked, steam the peas and broad beans for 15 minutes.
- Drizzle with a little olive oil.
- Serve the braised rabbit with mustard along with peas and broad beans.
- An idea to complete this dish: a slice of whole grain bread.