- 100 g Beef steak
- 35 g Polenta
- 20 g blue cheese
- 5 g Butter
- 100 mL Milk, 2%
- 80 g Green beans
- 15 mL red wine
- 1 tablespoon Beef broth
- 15 mL Olive oil
- 1 pinch Salt
- 1 pinch Pepper
- In a saucepan, bring to boil 120 ml of water and the milk.
- When the liquid starts to boil, remove the pan from heat and gently incorporate the polenta while stirring.
- Return to low heat and stir for 3 minutes until the polenta is creamy.
- Add butter, salt and pepper.
- Mix and set aside in a warm place.
- Rinse and drain the green beans; trim off the ends.
- Steam for 8 minutes.
- Add salt, pepper and keep in a warm place.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan over medium heat.
- Cook the steak for 3 to 4 minutes on each side or to taste.
- Remove from the frying pan and keep in a warm place.
- Pour the wine and the broth in the frying pan and reduce to half of its volume.
- Place a teaspoon of polenta on a side of the plate and top with blue cheese.
- Place alongside the steak topped with sauce.
- Serve the beef fillet with polenta along with steamed green beans.
- Remember: don't wait until you are thursty to drink water.