- 1 Kipper fillet
- 30 g Rye bread
- 1 apple
- 1 spring onion
- 10 mL (2 teaspoon) Chives
- 1 teaspoon Crème fraîche
- 30 mL (2 tablespoon) Wine vinegar
- 10 mL (2 teaspoon) Olive oil
- 1 pinch Pepper
- Peel the apple and cut it into small cubes.
- Cut the herring into fine slices.
- Peel and slice the onion thinly.
- Mix the apple, herring, onion and chopped chives.
- Season with pepper, crème fraîche, 1 tablespoon of vinegar and 1/2 tablespoon of olive oil.
- Toast the bread.
- Serve the apple and herring salad along with the toasted rye bread.
- Do not add more salt when you eat, the salt used to cook is usually enough!