- 3 Artichoke
- 0.5 Lemon
- 45 mL Sherry vinegar
- 1 pinch Saffron
- 12 g Fresh mint
- 15 mL Olive oil
- 1 pinch Salt
- 1 pinch Pepper
- 50 g Bacon strips
- 1 potato
- 1 garlic clove
- Remove the hard leaves of the artichokes and cut off the green tip; keep only the hearts and a few tender leaves. Cut in 4.
- Heat a little oil in a sauté pan and brown the diced bacon strips, sliced garlic and the artichokes.
- Add water to cover and cook for 15 minutes. The water should evaporate.
- Add the wine and leave for 15 more minutes over heat. Season with salt and pepper. Stir from time to time and add a little water if it sticks to the pan. Dilute the saffron.
- Just before serving, drizzle with lemon juice and sprinkle with chopped mint leaves.
- In the meantime, peel the potato, cut in 4 and steam for 15 minutes. Drizzle with olive oil.
- Serve the Andalusian artichokes along with the steamed potato.
- Vary your menu for more pleasure and balance.