DEFINITION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
COLLECTION AND USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Danone generally collects and uses personal information as follows:
Information you provide. In many cases, we collect personal information directly from you, such as your name, contact information, e-mail address and any information you provide us when you contact us through our calling center or through our website, when you make an inquiry, visit or use our Site, interact with us through social media platforms, when you sign up to receive our newsletter or when you participate in a contest or other promotion run by Danone. We generally use such personal information for the following purposes:
- to process and answer your inquiries or to contact you in order to answer your questions and/or requests;
- to communicate information to you and to manage your registration and/or subscription to our newsletter or other communications;
- to manage our everyday business needs in connection with your participation in our contests, sweepstakes or promotional activities or request;
- to authenticate the identity of individuals contacting Danone by telephone, electronic means or otherwise;
- for internal training and quality assurance purposes;
- to understand and assess the interests, wants and changing needs of customers with a view to improving our Site, our products and services and/or developing new ones;
- to provide personalized products and communications as well as product recommendations to customers; and
Cookies and Technical information. When you visit our site, for each visitor to the Site, our web server may automatically recognize and store information such as the visitor’s IP address/domain name combination, type of web browser, computer operating system (e.g., Windows or Mac OS), and any referring web sites. When you visit the Site, our server may send a “cookie” to your browser. Cookies are small amounts of data that our Site sends to your computer while you are visiting the Site. This information gets stored on your computer’s hard drive and among other things, it allows our Site to distinguish between visitors and analyze traffic patterns through the Site. This data is used to measure and improve the effectiveness of our website or enhance the experience for our customers. [For instance, it may be used to ensure that the products advertised on our Site are available in your area or that we are not showing you the same ads repeatedly.] We treat this information as personal information when it is associated with your account or contact information. We may also collect and use the following type of information when you visit and/or interact with us on our Site:
- Google Analytics: We use Google Analytics which allows us to see information on user website activities including, but not limited to, page views, source and time spent on our Site. This information is depersonalized and is displayed as numbers, meaning that it cannot be tracked back to individuals. You may opt-out of our use of Google Analytics by visiting the Google Analytics opt-out page.
- Google AdWords: We use Google AdWords Remarketing to advertise Danone across the Internet and to advertise on third party websites (including Google) to previous visitors to our websites. AdWords remarketing will display ads to you based on what parts of the Danone Site you have viewed by placing a cookie on your web browser. It could mean that we advertise to previous visitors who haven’t completed a task on our Site or this could be in the form of an advertisement on the Google search results page, or a Site in the Google Display Network. This cookie does not in any way identify you or give access to your computer or mobile device. The cookie is only used to indicate to other websites that you have visited a particular page on our Site, so that they may show you ads relating to that page. If you do not wish to participate in our Google AdWords Remarketing, you can opt out by visiting Google’s Ads Preferences Manager.
Job Application. If you have applied for employment with Danone, the personal information submitted with your job application will be used for recruitment and other customary human resources purposes. For example, we may send you information about new job opportunities within Danone as well as other career development resources.
RIGH TO WITHDRAW CONSENT
Consent may be withdrawn at any time, subject to legal or contractual restrictions and reasonable notice. You may also withdraw your consent as follows:
- Mail marketing, Telephone marketing and Quality control communications. You may decide that you prefer Danone not to use your personal information to promote new and/or additional products and/or services which may be of interest to you and refuse that we contact you by mail or telephone for marketing purposes or by email or telephone for quality control purposes. If this is the case, you may advise us by contacting customer service or contacting us using the information detailed in the Contact Information section below.
- Commercial Electronic Communications. You can always limit the communications that Danone sends to you. To opt-out of commercial emails, simply click the link labeled “unsubscribe” or “opt-out” at the bottom of any commercial electronic communication we send you. Please note that even if you opt-out of promotional communications, we may still need to contact you with important information about your account.
SHARING OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
- Third party or affiliated service providers. We may hire service providers, which may be affiliates, to perform services on our behalf. This may include, without limitation, a person or an organization retained by Danone to perform work on its behalf, including for marketing research, customer service and web-related services, and quality control assessment. We provide them with a limited amount of information which is necessary in order for them to provide the services required. They are prohibited from using the information for purposes other than to facilitate and carry out the services they have been engaged to provide.
- As permitted or required by law. From time to time, Danone may be compelled to disclose personal information in response to a law, regulation, court order, subpoena, valid demand, search warrant, government investigation or other legally valid request or inquiry. We may also disclose information to our accountants, auditors, agents and lawyers in connection with the enforcement or protection of our legal rights. We also reserve the right to report to law enforcement agencies any activities that we, in good faith, believe to be unlawful or to law enforcement and emergency services providers, in an emergency or where required or permitted by law. We may release certain personal information when we have reasonable grounds to believe that such release is reasonably necessary to protect the rights, property and safety of others and ourselves, in accordance with or as authorized by law.
- Business transaction. We may disclose personal information to a third party in connection with a sale or transfer of business or assets, an amalgamation, re-organization or financing of parts of our business. However, in the event the transaction is completed, your personal information will remain protected by applicable privacy laws. In the event the transaction is not completed, we will require the other party not to use or disclose your personal information in any manner whatsoever and to completely delete such information.
Only those employees of Danone or trusted third party contractors, who need access for business reasons, or whose duties reasonably so require, will be granted access to personal information about customers.
COLLECTION OF PERSONAL DATA FROM CHILDREN
It is neither our goal nor intention to collect or post personal information from children under the age of eighteen without their parent’s or guardian’s consent. Danone does not knowingly provide any personally identifying information collected from children, regardless of its source, to any third party for any purpose whatsoever. When a child submits information to the Site, the child’s parent or guardian receives an e-mail alerting them to the child’s registration and provides instructions on how the parent could delete the child’s registration, if so desired. Although children may be allowed to participate in contests, if a child wins, notification and prizes are sent to the parents or guardians identified in the initial registration process. Danone encourages parents and guardians to spend time online with their children and to participate in the interactive activities offered on the Site.
Notwithstanding the foregoing, it is possible that we nevertheless collect such information from children if same is provided to us. We therefore encourage parents to inform their children about the possible consequences of using the Site and disclosing information through the said Site. We will not assume any responsibility with respect to the use of the Site or disclosure of information via the Site by children.
CHILDREN ARE HEREBY REQUIRED TO OBTAIN THE PERMISSION OF THEIR PARENT OR LEGAL GUARDIAN BEFORE PROVIDING ANY PERSONAL INFORMATION TO US.
PERSONAL INFORMATION OUTSIDE OF CANADA
In some cases, personal information that we manage may be transferred, processed and stored outside Canada, and therefore may be available to government authorities under lawful orders and laws applicable there. Danone will strive to protect personal information disclosed to third parties by contractual agreements requiring that those third parties adhere to adequate confidentiality and security.
ACCESS AND CORRECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
You may request that your personal information be changed or deleted from our databases. In order to review the personal information that has been collected about you or make a request that we modify or delete your information, please click here to send an email to Danone via our Contact Us section.
Our hosting agency institutes commercially reasonable systems security including firewalls to protect your personal information as it is transmitted to our Site and to protect such information from loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. Physical measures, such as, locked filing cabinets and restricted access to offices. Organizational measures such as security clearances on a “need to know” basis and finally technological measures like the use of passwords and encryption. Danone also trains and brings awareness to its employees as to the importance of privacy, confidentiality and security of the personal information of our clients.
You should note that no Internet transmission is ever fully secure or error-free, which is why we make no warranties as to the security of any information that you submit electronically as this will be done at your own risk. More particularly, e-mail sent to or from this Site may not be secure, and you should therefore keep this in mind when deciding what information you provide us with through e-mail. Moreover, where you use passwords, ID numbers, or other special access features on this Site, it is solely your responsibility to safeguard them.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITE
Danone makes no representations whatsoever about any other web site which you may access through this Site. In addition, a link to a website does not mean that Danone endorses or accepts any responsibility for the content, or the use, of such website.
Chief Privacy Officer
100, rue de Lauzon
Last update: August 1st, 2017
MTL01: 4248484: v3